Dan Ellerbrock is a Shareholder with Gregerson, Rosow, Johnson & Nilan, Ltd., whose practice includes the areas of litigation, fidelity and surety, and insurance law. He represents businesses, individuals, and insurers in federal and state trial courts, federal and state appellate courts, arbitrations, mediations, and administrative proceedings and investigations. He also regularly assists and advises clients regarding their legal rights and obligations, in order to avoid or resolve conflicts prior to litigation. His experience includes the review and interpretation of insurance policies, surety bonds, construction contracts, employment agreements, other contracts, statutes, and regulations.
Mr. Ellerbrock is a summa cum laude graduate of Saint Louis University. Mr. Ellerbrock then attended the University of Minnesota Law School, where he graduated magna cum laude and was inducted into the Order of the Coif.
Prior to coming to Gregerson, Rosow, Johnson & Nilan, Mr. Ellerbrock served as a judicial law clerk to Judge Harry Leinenweber of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and to Justice David Stras of the Minnesota Supreme Court (now of the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals).
Education & Admissions
- B.A., Saint Louis University summa cum laude 2004;
- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, magna cum laude, 2007.
- Illinois, 2007
- Minnesota, 2011
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2013
- Security Nat’l Ins. Co. v. CountriCorp, 2015 WL 12747956 (D. Mont. Nov. 16, 2015)
- Granite Re, Inc. v. Consolidated Concrete, LLC, 2015 WL 12564175 (D. Neb. June 23, 2015)
- BancInsure, Inc. v. Highland Bank, 779 F.3d 565 (8th Cir. 2015)
- Capitol Indem. Corp. v. Ashanti, 2014 WL 2893196 (D. Minn. June 26, 2014)
- BancInsure v. Highland Bank, 2013 WL 5340887 (D. Minn. Sept. 23, 2013)