Richard Rosow is a shareholder with Gregerson, Rosow, Johnson & Nilan, Ltd., and focuses his practice in the areas of municipal law, real estate, and mediation. He provides a full range of services to his municipal clients. Mr. Rosow has over 41 years of experience representing units of local government. His experience involves all aspects of local government law. Mr. Rosow is the City Attorney for the City of Eden Prairie and the City of Savage; General Counsel for SouthWest Transit; and special real estate counsel for the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board. In addition he provides representation to the firm’s other governmental clients. His extensive experience in the real estate area includes representing both buyers and sellers in numerous commercial and industrial real estate transactions, representing cities and private parties in the development of property for residential, commercial and industrial purposes. His mediation practice focuses on disputes with government and real estate matters.
Mr. Rosow is Board Certified as a Real Property Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association. Mr. Rosow is a Qualified Neutral on the Minnesota Supreme Court Neutral Roster.
Education & Admissions
- B.A., University of Minnesota, 1969
- M.A., College of St. Thomas, 1971
- J.D., University of North Dakota, 1976
- Phi Delta Phi, Order of the Coif
- Admitted to Minnesota State Bar 1976
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- “Basics in Environmental Law,” Minnesota State Bar Association, April 2005.
- Moderator: Legal Foundations for Community Growth and Change, 2000; and ADR Practice Management, 2000.
- “Environmental Issues in Property Development,” National Business Institute, 1994.
- “Practical Strategies and Tactics in Major Permit Cases,” Hennepin County Bar Association, 1991.
- “Environmental Law in the 1990’s,” Minnesota State Bar Association, 1990.
- Open Meeting Law – City Attorney Legislative Update, 2016
- Competitive Bidding – City Attorney Educational Conference – Feb. 2018
- United Fire & Cas. Co. v. Fidelity Title Ins. Co., 258 F.3d 714,
- C.A.8 (Minn.), 2001; Preserve Ass’n v. City of Eden Prairie,
- 421 N.W.2d 419, (Minn. App., Apr. 5, 1988); Benchmark
- Crafters, Inc. v. Northwestern Nat. Ins. Co. of Milwaukee, 363
- N.W.2d 89 (Minn. App. 1985); St. Paul Fire and Marine Ins.
- Co. v. Steeple Jac, Inc., 352 N.W.2d 107 (Minn. App., July 31, 1984).
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association Environmental and Natural Resource Section; Past Chair
- Minnesota State Bar Association ADR Section; Past Chair