Dan Gregerson is a Shareholder with Gregerson, Rosow, Johnson & Nilan, Ltd. and represents and advises surety companies in all matters of claims analysis, defenses, affirmative claims, workouts, bankruptcy, litigation, and indemnity prosecution. He routinely represents surety clients in both state and federal courts in the Midwest and is active in alternative dispute resolution. In addition to representing surety clients, Dan is involved in the wider surety industry where he is a member of both national and local surety organizations and lectures on surety topics.
Dan’s municipal practice includes matters of public governance, property development, code enforcement, liability, and public policy.
When not representing his clients, Dan enjoys spending time with his family, hunting, reading, watching soccer (especially Fulham F.C. and Minnesota United F.C.), and skiing. Dan volunteers at the Three Rivers Park District as a volunteer ski patroller. Dan is a member of the National Ski Patrol and is working towards his “red jacket.”
Education & Admissions
- B.A., Lawrence University
- J.D., Hamline University, cum laude
- Minnesota Bankruptcy Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota
- Construction Services, Inc. of Duluth v. Town of Alborn, No. A14-0977, WL 1880250 (Minn. Ct. App. April 27, 2015).
- City of Minneapolis v. R.W. Farms, LLC, et al., No. A13-0309, WL 6839711 (Minn. Ct. App. December 30, 2013).
- API Elec. Co. v. N. Am. Specialty Ins. Co., No. A11-1790, WL 1914126 (Minn. Ct. App. May 29, 2012).
- Granite Re, Inc. v. City of LaCrescent, et al., No. 08-441, WL 2982642 (D.Minn. Sept. 11, 2009).
- Capitol Indem. Corp v. Wonder Years Pre-School, Inc., No. 08-651, WL 57044 (D.Minn. Jan. 7, 2009).
Publications & Presentations
Publications & Presentations
- Collateral: Anchoring the Boat, with Rebecca B. Farina, John A. McDevitt, and Scott C. Williams, ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, Fidelity & Surety Law Committee, January 2023.
- The Surety, the Bond Principal, and Bankruptcy, a CLE presentation to the Construction Law Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association, 2020.
- Forum Selection Clauses and the Surety After Atlantic Marine, ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, Fidelity and Surety Law Committee Newsletter, Spring 2019.
- Competitive Bidding for the Municipal Lawyer, Minnesota City Attorney Conference, 2018.
- A Mediation Primer for New Surety Counsel, Fidelity and Surety Law Committee Newsletter, Winter, 2016.
- Contract, Commercial, and Miscellaneous Surety Bonds, Minnesota CLE, Debtor-Creditor Handbook, Chapter 15, 2014-present.
- American Bar Association (Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section: Fidelity & Surety Law Committee, and ADR subcommittee)
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- National Bond Claims Association
- Surety Claims Institute
- Minnesota Surety Association